Explanation of artwork, proofs and guidelines to make your order with us run smoothly
Key Elements to check over before you confirm your proofs
This refers to the sizes of the total print or embroidery. Unless you have requested exact sizes, we will work to appropriate sizes which will result in the best outcome. All branding will be the same sizes on all garments unless you have requested additional artwork to be made up for specific size or range of sized garment. Or if you have corporate guidelines we need to follow. Getting it right is our main aim.
If you have provided a Pantone colour reference, we will colour match as close as possible. If no colour ref is not supplied, we will show the suitable match.
You will receive is of a generic garment, which we will place your logo in the approximate position. It is intended as a guide only and not to scale in any way. Seams, zips and other branding will dictate the logo placement. Please double check all aspects of the visual including colours, size, spelling and fonts used before confirming the quote and visual
Popular logo placements and sizes
For the best results, please supply your artwork as a vector graphic such as .AI or .EPS exported with all fonts outlined as a .PDF. You can email them to us using firstname.lastname@example.org or use our Get a Quote page
Remember!! saving a jpeg or png file as a vector file, does not make it into a vector artwork.
If you need to have your artwork converted, there is a small charge to do this.
Images from the internet are often only 72 dpi and because of this can not be reproduced. They will need to be art worked too. The low resolution of the image make it pixelate when enlarged effecting the quality of the print.
If supplying a raster graphic such as a jpeg. It needs to be minimum of 300 dpi. Print quality is only as good as the supplied file. Photographic images must be……….
- Embroidery – most files formats are OK, but need to be 300 dpi or above to make digitising the embroidery file easier.
- DTG Printing – Our printers use hexachrome print format, which is CMYKRGW . Artwork files need to be saved as RGD adobe format .AI or .EPS
- Vinyl Printing – This process needs Vectored artwork for the plotter to cut the vinyl. .AI or .EPS files are needed.
- Digital Transfers – All file formats are OK to print transfers. But again if supply raster images such as .Jpeg it needs to be minimum of 300 dpi. The finished transfer is only as good as the artwork supplied.
- Laser Branding – Vectored artwork is needed for this process unless it is photographic which needs to be min 300 dpi Jpeg.
- Screen Printing Artwork – We ask that the files are separated into the the layer colours. If not, we can do this for a small charge. The completed artwork also needs to be sent over as a .PDF file to confirm the logo.
- Sublimation Printing – has no real size restrictions as it is based on the polyester garment or promotional item to be printed. Sheet Sizes for printing is approx A4 or A3
- The average chest sizes embroidery is between 8 and 10 cm wide the same for a yoke logo.
- Sleeve logos are smaller due to the sizes of the garment and being able to fit them onto the embroidery machine. Especially for ladies and kids garment there are limitations.
- Caps have a limit of 60 mm max height.
- Back logos 260 mm wide. When embroidering lettering the minimum height is 6 mm.
- Other placements are possible, but the garments do limit where the embroidered logos can be placed.
Direct to Garment - DTG
- Maximum print size is 50cm x 70 cm (19 x 27 inches) But remembers this only relates to the size of the garment.
- This process is best for Back or front prints on t shirts, polo, hoodies and sweats and Bags
Pricing is per logo/ per position
- Maximum size is 36cm x 48cm for general back prints.
- Smaller size prints can be in most areas on garment
- Size up to max A4
- Minimum order of 25 ( smaller runs can be ordered, but not cost effective
- Cost price breaks are 25/100/500/1000
- Using a laser for branding Fleeces materials, Soft-shell, micro-fibre and Denim has no restriction on sizes except the placement of the logo.
- Works best with bold designs
- Applying Laser branding to wood,
- Sheet sizes are A4 and A3.
- Sizes are restricted to the polyester garment or blank promo item to be printed
- Print size maximum is 43 x 48 cm (17 x 19 inches)
- maximum 8 colours